As a social enterprise, the board on behalf of our shareholders look to invest some of the surplus generated in projects that support the local economy in the Teifi Valley.
We are well aware of the challenges that exist in the traditional environment from which Antur Teifi was born – challenges which are characterised by the changing demographic of the area, relatively low skilled low paid jobs and an over-representation of public sector jobs compared to the Wales and UK average.
The business community is dominated by small companies making up 92% of registered businesses in the area. Whilst we deliver work throughout Wales, we believe we have a valuable contribution to make in supporting those small and growth businesses in the Teifi Valley not least by working in partnership with the Teifi Valley Growth Zone created as a result of the findings of the Task and Finish Group set up by Edwina Hart, the Welsh Government Minister for Economy, Science and Transport.
We are able to achieve this through our own companies that provide commercial IT, Marketing and Marketing Intelligence services as well as through our work on behalf of Government.
- Mentoring a Year 10 team from Ysgol Bro Pedr in the Swansea Young Business Dragons event open to schoolchildren across Neath Port Talbot, Swansea, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire.
- Taking part in an Enterprise Day at Ysgol Bro Pedr designed to develop enterprise and employability skills Canta provided bilingual support in the production of resources as well assisting in the delivery of the ‘Going for Profit’ programme in conjunction with Base Wales.
- Organising a series of drop-in sessions for businesses in the Teifi Valley arranged specifically to give people the opportunity to come and see the work that we do which could help their business.
- Telemat’s work involves educating the rural community in how to access and benefit from new technology.
- Organising an event for Teifi Valley business owners on the importance of preparing the high street for the 21st Century with Bill Grimsey, former CEO of Wickes, Iceland and Focus DIY and author of “Sold Out” a comprehensive review of the High Street.
- Sponsoring one person from the Teifi Valley to attend the Future High Street Summit with follow-up events to be organised in order to share information with stakeholders in the Teifi Valley.
This is also available in: Welsh