Now the Brechfa Forest West Wind Farm is close to becoming fully operational, Innogy is delighted to launch the Brechfa Forest West Wind Farm Community Fund, worth £11 million over the lifetime of the wind farm (up to 25 years). Innogy have also announced that the contract to administer the fund has been awarded to Antur Teifi, stating
“With nearly 40 years’ experience as an enterprise agency serving the community, they have an excellent track record in terms of both fund and project delivery… they demonstrate a thorough understanding of the diverse opportunities the fund presents… and a passion for enabling the communities closest to the site to benefit significantly from the fund.”
As a supporter of sustainable local communities, we intend to use our passion for assisting and enabling local businesses and communities to deliver the benefits of the fund effectively to the local community, and will adopt a robust, yet flexible approach to grant making.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Voluntary or community organisations
- Constituted community groups, registered charities
- A not for profit company or Community Interest Company
- Social Enterprises
- Statutory bodies will be eligible if they can demonstrate the project has strong partnership links with the local community and that they are the best placed organisation to undertake the project.
Your application will need to demonstrate how your project significantly benefits communities within the area of benefit for the fund (this area is initially 6km form the wind turbines, as defined on the map below.)
Initially, the scheme will not be open to individuals and businesses. However, the eligibility criteria will be reviewed after the initial round of funding. Therefore we are very keen to hear from individuals and businesses that would like to apply to the fund so we can develop a picture of the local funding needs beyond community groups.
The fund is now open for applications.
How do I make an application?
To apply to the fund, please click the link here (for grants above £10k) or here (for grants below £10k) to complete the grant application form. Decisions on awards will be made by the grants panel, co-ordinated by our Fund Manager and administered by our wider team.Click here to view the notes to help you to complete the application form
(Section1) About your organisation
- Which organisation is making an application and who is completing the application and what is your role within your group or community organisation?
- Are you part of a wider organisation, affiliated to any national group/ governing body/ charity?
- Describe your organisation, are you an individual, voluntary club/ association, youth club/ organisation, charity, town/ community council, environmental group/ other etc.
- Membership to your organisation/ group/ project. What does this look like if applicable?
- Staff/ Volunteers, please provide details of numbers.
(Section 2) About your project
- What is the proposed project?
- Why do you feel the project is needed, has consideration been made to undertake any local market research/consultation?
- How will the community within 6km benefit, demonstrate value for money?
- How many people will directly benefit from the project?
- When are the project start and completion dates? Provide a timeline to support the project.
(Section 3) Proposed Project Financial Details
- Provide a full list of expenditure, including cost of items and VAT.
- Provide details of any other grants/loans being applied for or been awarded to support the application.
- Any item over £5,000 will need x 3 quotes, anything under £4,999.99 will only require x 1 quote.
- Outline if you are able to re-claim VAT.
- At the end of this section please state how much grant aid you are seeking from the Brechfa Forest West Wind Farm Community Fund.
- If your project is in excess of £10,000 please provide a 3 year business plan and 3 year detailed cash-flow projections for the proposed project.
Please ensure all the documents have been included as part of your application, these are set out in the application packs for grant aid under £10,000 and in excess of £10,000.
Please return completed applications by the 10th August for the first round of applications to:
Antur Teifi, Antur Teifi Business Park, Aberarad, Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire SA389DB
What happens next?
All applications will be assessed by Antur Teifi in the first instance, and then presented to the grant panel who will make all the decisions on the allocation of funds.All applicants will be informed of the outcome. Successful applicants will then be required to:
- Submit a full budget for final approval and any other documentation as required by the grant panel.
- Submit receipts for all expenditure according to the budget supplied.
- Use the budget as specified in their application, unless prior agreement has been received in advance.
- Submit progress reports, as requested by Antur Teifi. The requirements of these reports will be outlined according to the size of the project.
How can I apply to be a part of the committee to allocate the funds?
We are looking for a panel of volunteers who live, work or volunteer within the fund’s area of benefit, to assess and award the grant applications. Please click the link here to complete an application form. The deadline for applications is Friday 3rd August 2018. The Induction day is Friday 10th August and the First Panel meeting is Wednesday 15th August.
Until the Fund Manager is in position, please forward all enquiries to
Kevin Harrington – Business Development Manager
Megan Greatrex – Project Officer
T: 01239 710238
This is also available in: Welsh