Job Title: ICT Technician
Scale of Post: Technician (£23-27k)
Aims of Post: To provide effective support in the development and delivery of the Telemat ICT Solutions and Support by:- helping to maintain and develop the company ICT infrastructure; providing ICT support and the installation of ICT systems for internal and external customers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site and remote ICT support to internal and external customers.
- Talk to computer users to find and fix problems.
- Install and maintain ICT hardware and software at customer sites
- Be part of Telemat’s Helpdesk team providing a service for customers, respond to the helpdesk requests assigned within the given priority response time and assist/perform Service Level Agreement visits as required.
- Track work in progress.
- Record issues and how they were dealt with.
- Servicing and fixing equipment, including printers, scanners and phone systems.
- Setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems.
- Promote Telemat products and services and take an active role in the process of developing Telemat as a provider of Business ICT solutions.
- Maintain and keep in good order the ICT equipment testing and assembly room.
- Understand wholly the Data Protection Act, the principles applied and its implications.
- Have a clear working knowledge of new developments and show initiative in the use and application of ICT hardware and software for Business Applications including peripheral devices. Carry out further self development through informal and formal training.
- Assist in the duties of the ICT Support Executive and other ICT Technical staff during absenteeism and holidays.
- Keep to the Health and Safety policy of Antur Teifi and ensure where relevant that duties are carried out in accordance with this policy, ISO an Investors in People.
- To carry out other reasonable duties as requested by the ICT Support Executive.
Working hours, patterns and environment
- You will usually work 37.5 hours a week. You may have to work shifts to cover the requirement for the department to be open from 8.00am to 5.00pm
- You will be required to work in an office and spend your time at a computer but you will also be required to travel to different sites to help users.
To conform to the following company requirements:-
- Contract of Employment
- Staff Handbook: Policies & Procedures
- Investors in People
- Positive about Disabled People
- Committed to Equality
- Health & Safety Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Security Policy
Job Specification ICT Technician
|Personal qualities||Requirement||Methods of assessment|
|Good communication & customer service skills and the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users.||Essential||Interview|
|Logical in problem solving||Essential||Application/Interview|
|Self motivated and organised||Essential||Application/Interview|
|Empathy with clients||Essential||Interview|
|Microsoft server operating systems||Essential||Application/Interview|
|Networking and firewalls||Essential||Application/Interview|
|Any other relevant ICT based qualifications||Desirable||Application/Interview|
|Willing to undergo relevant security clearance||Essential||Application|
|Willing to drive long distances to service clients from a wider geographical area||Essential||Application|
|Willing to undertake overnight stay away from home when required||Essential||Application|
Equality and Diversity
- To promote and deliver the equality and diversity value and aims of Antur Teifi through its services.
- To ensure that the needs of the clients, as far as possible are met when advising or working with a client.
- To respect and work within Antur Teifi’s policies and procedures on equality and diversity.
- To be aware of additional support that may be available through funding or other means to assist and support clients with individual needs to meet their goals and communicate these opportunities to colleagues.
- To undertake and record continual professional development on equality and diversity legislation and best practice and to attend meetings and training as appropriate.
Closing date 9.00am, 26/10/2018
For an application pack contact
Marion Morris ar 01239 710238 neu/or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is also available in: Welsh